Livestreaming video. 360-degree video. Crowdsourced social video. The ways business owners can use video marketing are many. From real-time networking via live video broadcasts to video libraries for SEO, today’s brand builders have a myriad of marvelous marketing opportunities at their disposal. Yet sadly, not every entrepreneur understands just how critical the move to video marketing is for business survival. If you’re a business owner still deluded into believing you don’t need video as part of your content marketing strategy, it’s time for a few hard truths. Dive into the following 10 reasons your business needs video marketing content before it is too late.
- Video references in email subject lines can substantially improve your open rates. If you’re tired of watching your email subscription rates fall, start including video in your emails. Make note of included videos in your subject line and you’ll encourage a serious case of FOMO (fear of missing out) amongst your subscribers. If your video content lives up to their expectations, they’ll start to look forward to emails from your company.
- Video significantly increases your chances of being featured on the front page of search engines like Google. You can blog until you’re blue in the face without ever landing a spot on the first page of search results. Search engines are more likely to feature high-quality videos atop their search results. Make video marketing a core component of your content outreach strategy and watch your audience engagement rates soar.
- As more developing nations become smartphone-enabled, the opportunity to connect with additional markets is exploding. No longer do business owners have to be satisfied marketing to consumers in their own geographic area. If international expansion is on your road map, video marketing outreach needs to be one of your top priorities for increased customer acquisition and brand expansion.
- If your conversion rates have been lackluster as of late, start using video marketing to improve your conversion rates. Video content has a much higher conversion rate than text-based content. Whether you want consumers to purchase your product or register for a new service you’ve launched, promoting your offering via video is definitely the way to go.
- Video marketing has a much higher share rate than text-based content marketing. Have you noticed your engagement rates taking a nosedive on Twitter and Facebook? Do you feel like your shouting into an empty chasm on social media? Start using video marketing on social media and you’ll be thrilled at how many times your content gets shared.
- Video is awesome for every stage of your sales funnel. From acquiring new customers to converting existing customers, you can’t beat the power of video marketing for sales.
- If you want your brand to remain top-of-mind with consumers, video marketing is the way to go. Consumers are so used to seeing brand content on social networks, their eyes are likely to glaze over if you share another blog post. Offer a video instead and your content is much likelier to resonate with them.
- Your money is better spent on video marketing than on written content. Even B2B marketers are doubling-down on video content because of its huge return on investment. Unless you enjoy throwing your advertising dollars away, it is imperative you integrate video marketing content into your marketing efforts.
- Data from Cisco indicates mobile video accounts for over 50% of all mobile data traffic. As that number is expected to grow with the addition of augmented reality and virtual reality, business owners failing to build a strong video marketing strategy risk being outdistanced by their video-enabled competitors.
- Video marketing content helps expand your brand’s reach thanks to embed codes used on networks like YouTube. Create content that others will want to share with their audiences and the chances of your videos be shared in multiple locations greatly increase.
These 10 reasons are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to utilizing video marketing for brand growth. From smartphones to smart TVs, video consumption is skyrocketing. Business owners failing to develop a video marketing outreach strategy risk losing the audience share they already own as they’re eclipsed by video-savvy competitors.
Want to talk more about putting the power of video marketing to work for your brand? Contact NiKnack – we’d love to help!